March 05, 2008

Resolution Redux

I had planned on checking out how my resolutions were going on the first of this month. I was too caught up in my R2-D2 post to really put any thought on them. Be that as it may, here is a snapshot on my progress:

1. Exercise more. As I stated, vague enough. I try to do some kind of exercise a week, and, since I did nothing before, this one is a lock.
2. Eat healthier. This has been an issue the past couple of weeks. With a nasty virus attack, I have not been back to normal in the G.I. tract. Without gory details, it really does not matter what I eat. (Sonic onion rings Sunday night! *drool*) Within 3 or 4 hours, well, you get the idea. *Bonus:* I dropped 20 pounds!
3. Enjoy more wines. Salud! Still not a red fan, though.
4. Write 500 words a day. I really only average about 250 to 300. Still, each day I gain!
5. Post one photo a day on Orlando Daily Photo. I have missed a few days so far. Daily posting is a tough thing. In 8 months, I have posted over 215 pictures. That means going out and finding something to shoot and posting. It has been very time consuming. Especially with an almost 2 year-old. Still, it has been very fun and very rewarding.
6. Post at least 6 times a month on this blog. So far, so good!

Now, I know these were too easily attainable. They were more about creating the habits and maintaining discipline. I knew with Chase, I have to do better health-wise and hold myself accountable, as later I will have to do the same with him. And I want to be the example.

No comments: